Is Advanced RMA not working?

Trying to do Advanced RMA.

When I submit my card info it says:

There was a system error while processing the request. Please try again in a few minutes. If necessary, you may also contact our support team for assistance.

I have tried multiple debit cards. You allow debit cards right? It warns that credit card is preferred, but that debit card is allowed. I tried my business debit mastercard, but that error message still happened tonight.

A few months ago my debit card worked fine for an Advanced RMA. Please let me know. I do not own a credit card.

Please advise.

You may want to call support to see if they can assist you. That error is generic and can mean any number of things.

Doesn’t work for me either. Also don’t have a CC. Just debit card.

I don’t know about OP, but I did contact support via a case yesterday.

The India Customer service will reply in a week probably with generic info.

Is there anyone out there that did an advanced RMA on 28th or 29th today??? No matter what card I use, they all give that error message. But all my cards are debit. Did WD suddenly change their policy? Anyone have a credit card and did advanced RMA the past 48 hours?

Would like to know if I should wait for system to be fixed or I’ll very inconveniently do standard rma from now on

:frowning:
Dang

Hi @dsdestiny and @e38

After seeing the latest post I asked around in the office to see if there is an issue processing debit cards in advanced RMAs and I can now confirm that there is an issue that we are aware of and we are working to resolve it as quickly as possible.

1 Like

Even UPS postage page is not allowing payment! Its same business debit card I have used for a year.

Notice the weird symbols by the WD logo? Maybe that’s causing it?

This is related to the same issue as the problems processing Advanced RMAs.

This is a separate (and much lower priority) issue entirely. Thanks for pointing it out.

Hi everyone,

I just received word that the issue has been resolved and you should now be able to process advanced RMAs and purchase labels.

I also cannot pay for a UPS postage label for my rma.

i see WD made an announcement last July about an outage and you updated us on that.

Hopefully this will be fixed too. I’ve been waiting 2 days so I can ship hard drive to you.

Hi @thegreatness383 - Is the issue still occurring? It should be resolved now.

A post was split to a new topic: Billing Address Unverified

They don’t care.
Also, they are never going to add a dollar value to so many models, including new generations for 4tb my cloud, 8tb purple purz , 8tb gold 8003fryz and the new my book duo. It’s been 6 months and still they have $0 value on checkout

Shame indeed. Pathetic service, they want us to buy expensive Hard drives, but don’t back them with warranty, making obstacles to submit replacement orders now

Hi @e38 the issue you reported was resolved. It never was a problem with missing dollar amounts but was caused by a different problem altogether. I’m going to close this thread because I think it is confusing people. The issue @JohnCanon is reporting is a completely different problem. I will move his comment to it’s own thread.