IRC Channel to discuss WD My Cloud issues

I was wondering if there was an IRC channel somewhere to discuss WD MY Cloud Issues ? 

How about Freenode #wdmycloud

1 Like

Hello supercp, there are currently no official channels of this type.

Official or not I just created one on Freenode #wdmycloud

if someone wants to duly register it on a chanserv be my guest :slight_smile:

I don’t know anything about IRC (it’s been a thousand years since I used it), but what happened to the ‘litany’ thread? Is that what this is about?

I am not sure what you are referring to by “litany thread”

There was a thread named something like ‘litany of failure’ and now it’s gone.
So, I’m assuming WD is deleting threads because they don’t want people to see others complaining abou ttheir products in here, and therefore, somebody is suggesting that we find someplace to converse about it outside of this forum.

Not totally sure of either of those things, but it seems to fit.

No it is not about that, but it is about sharing and interacting in quicker manner than by exchanging messages on this forum, which can take hours or days VS exchanging information in real time on an IRC channel.

I do not know about Windows that much but under Unix IRSSI or XCHAT are clients of choice for IRC.

Maybe somebody else can suggest appropriate IRC clients software for Windows.

For people wary of installing anything on their machines there is WEBCHAT for FreeNODE ( www.freenode.net))

https://webchat.freenode.net/

channel is : #wdmycloud

iPCMD wrote:

It was never gone…   It’s still there…

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/A-litany-of-failure/m-p/770947#M18701

… a simple search is all it took…

1 Like

iPCMD wrote:

So, I’m assuming WD is deleting threads because they don’t want people to see others complaining abou ttheir products in here, and therefore, somebody is suggesting that we find someplace to converse about it outside of this forum.

None of the threads with complains are ever deleted. As long as they comply with the community guidelines all Post/Threads are left untouched.

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/A-litany-of-failure/m-p/770947/highlight/true#M18701

WD Community Usage Guidelines

http://community.wd.com/t5/New-to-WD-Community/WD-Community-Usage-Guidelines/td-p/6

If someone would run on his WDMyCloud a bot on the channel. It could capture all solutions found there as well

and provide them on the web too.

@ supercp

Ah, OK. I see.
For me, a forum like this is just fine as far as timing of responses. If it were a chat room, I would be asking for a forum so that there could be time for enough thought before offering a reply to somebody’s question, etc.

Also, usually, when I implement a new piece of hardware, it’s in replacement of an old one that is still working (waiting till it’s too late is admittedly sometimes unavoidable, but not my preferred method). So, I don’t have as much of an urgency for answers/fixes/etc. I can easily wait a day to hear back on a given thing. It usually ends up resulting in better answers because it gives the more experienced folks get to it and think about it, and get back to me in their good time.

@ TonyPh12345

Aha, thanks.
A simple search   :lol:      What is that?

Nah, just kidding. I didn’t bother searching, because it is a thread that I always saw near the top on the first page. So, when I saw it missing (from there), I just thought it was gone. Of course, I should have thought it may have just gone silent for a few days and fell off the first page or whatever, but that time, I just didn’t think of it. Oh well. Thanks for doing the work of searching for it for me   :slight_smile:

@ jubei04

OK, cool. Good to know.
Thanks.  :slight_smile:

jubei04 wrote:

iPCMD wrote:

None of the threads with complains are ever deleted. As long as they comply with the community guidelines all Post/Threads are left untouched.

This is the most shameless misrepresentation I have read for a very long time!!

And the famous guidelines are often interpreted by the mods in very creative ways :flushed:  :confounded:

@ henk123

So, are you saying that they have deleted posts or threads that comply with the rules?

iPCMD wrote:

@ henk123

So, are you saying that they have deleted posts or threads that comply with the rules?

I am not a happy WD customer and I’ve created plenty of negative posts while at the same time trying to find solutions.  Granted I haven’t been on here very long but I haven’t noticed any of my posts being deleted.

My preference (as long as posts are not being deleted) is to share information here on this forum where WD support has the opportunity to get valuable feedback and possibly use it to improve their product.

1 Like

@ jdeviney

Ya. That’s how I usually look at it as well.
I was just wondering if there was something nasty going on here when I first saw somebody suggesting that we converse elsewhere.