Ipad Device Offline?

I just purchased the WD my cloud 2TB drive.  Set everything up and I can access it in network and remotely on my PC, however my ios apps keep giving me an error message that the device is offline.  I’m reading a bunch of people talking about outages or heartbleed bugs, is any of this effecting me right now?  As far as I can tell, I have everything set up correctly.  I’m really frustrated that I can’t get remote access, because obviously that was one of the biggest draws to the product.

n8cloud wrote:

I’m reading a bunch of people talking about outages … is any of this effecting me right now? 

No.  All of those issues were addressed quite a while back – and the heartbleed bug was fixed two weeks ago in firmware.

See if this gets you anywhere:

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/HOW-TO-Troubleshooting-Remote-Connectivity-Issues/m-p/617261#M1130

Im experiencing the same issue, i cant connect to my cloud using my PC or iOS device remotely, says device offline. Anyone else experiencing this? Was working fine earlier.

Thank you for the link…I’ll check it out when I get home.  I guess its too much to expect that if I follow the instructions in the box that it would work correctly.

n8cloud wrote:

Thank you for the link…I’ll check it out when I get home.  I guess its too much to expect that if I follow the instructions in the box that it would work correctly.

No, it’s not too much to expect – but you have to verify that it is actually working according to the instructions.

Lots of people “think” they followed the instructions, but then find an issue in the setup.

The link I posted helps verify not only the setup, but ensuring your ISP isn’t blocking the ports (many do) etc.