IOS Photo tags through backup WRONG DATE EVERYWHERE

IOS iphone photo backup seems flawless with OS 5 , but as soon as we login the first time through mobile IOS app, a photo folder is created on server with iphone name, and all photos/videos backed up in this new folder. But date created and date modified on all photos is the date of backup, so phoney tags.
I had to connect through PC network folders, copy old photo backup folder to this new folder and replace backed up photos.
then open IOS app and check that no backup was initiated, and it says all backed up

@jirages My Cloud OS 5 Web and Client support the new Timeline feature in Web and Mobile app.
The screenshots below are from the mycloud.com web app.

This feature works only when you are using mobile or web app.
When I open a new backup file created the creation date is “today”, modify data is “today” etc…

Yes. Significant Design flaw… It also wouldn’t let me back up to same place as the previous backup so had to restart the backup all over again. What you did I was thinking about doing so glad that worked. :+1:

Everyday backup starts (for the pictures of the day before let’s say) ALL Dates in IXIF data are the date of the backup
backing up pictures overwrites date , date created, modified etc
hectic this story

When I delete the photos in iPhone, the photos do not get deleted on the myCloud.
Is there a way to keep both of them in Sync?

@VS007, is the photo deleted when you check it via the SMB connection from Windows or Mac? Or, is this the app still showing the deleted file?

Hi @jchen
Thanks for responding
The deleted photos are showing up on both Mac laptop as well as on the app.
Is this the expected behavior Or a bug?

Today I noticed another issue, I had enabled auto sync up on photos. The date on all the photos in mycloud has same date of Dec 4.
How do I preserve the dates of photos thats present on the iPhone?

Regards
VS

@VS007

When auto backup is enabled:

• content deleted on the mobile device will not delete content on the My Cloud
  • content deleted on the My Cloud will be replaced if the same content resides on the mobile device and auto backup is enabled
  • content added to the My Cloud will use the date the file was added to the device if you are viewing through Samba or Finder as you are viewing in “file system NAS mode”
  • if you are viewing content in the Web or Mobile app (depending on how the content was added to the My Cloud) the web and mobile client app will use the GPS data for the date and not the date the file was added to the My Cloud device IE: “file system NAS mode”

Hi SBrown

1. Deleting photo on mycloud when it gets deleted on iPhone simplifies the clean up of photos. Can MyCloud take it as enhancement?

2. The photos sync up option was set on my cloud app from my iPhone. When I view the photos on iPhone my cloud app or on the Mac via Finder, I dont see it preserved the dates. As mentioned before, all the dates were on Dec 4 , then date when I setup the Mycloud EX2 and configure the synch option on phone.
    Whats my recourse to fix the dates?

Thank You
VS

• content added to the My Cloud will use the date the file was added to the device if you are viewing through Samba or Finder as you are viewing in “file system NAS mode”
  • if you are viewing content in the Web or Mobile app (depending on how the content was added to the My Cloud) the web and mobile client app will use the GPS data for the date and not the date the file was added to the My Cloud device IE: “file system NAS mode”

App File and Folder View
If you are viewing content in the Mobile App and are using the File and Folders view, the dates shown will be the date the content was added to the My Cloud device with is the Modified Date. There is no option to change dates or views in the OS 5 app other than Sort by Date.

Photo and Video Tab View
If you are using the Photo or Video tab view, the app will use GPS data and then EXIF data (if readable) and but the content in chronological order which is the Creation Date.

EXAMPLE:
When I save a picture taken in January 2001 to my Camera Roll and auto backup to My Cloud OS 5.

• File and Folder view has a date of Dec 13, 2020
  • Photo Tab view shows the picture in January 2001 and I have a copy of the same picture. Original and newly added.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Thank you for your response.