iOS 13 files app - RESOLVED

can you describe the specific problem you are seeing or contact WD support team for help?

The drive connects for a short time, then gives the message “WDmycloud drive not accessible . local documents are available.”

We did it you guys! Great work everyone!!

This is uncouth

Unfortunately it works on iPhone XS Max but not on iPad Pro 11”.

Updated to version 4.4.19, but my WD My Cloud app still does not work – “Remote access disabled/ Access to KrisCloud(my device) has been disabled”; it was working fine before the update to iPad OS! However, the File browser app can access the contents on my cloud device.

@TigerWing you may have a different issue. Try the HTTPS bypass step and let us know if you can connect.

My Cloud Device Offline After Update to iOS 13

Answer ID 28736

Hey WD, when can we expect a fix that works for iPhone AND iPad Pro 11” ??

This issue should not exist. Is anyone minding the store ?? The beta versions of iOS 13 have been out for months you should have been prepared.

It finally works on the iPhone so now let’s get the iPad working !!

Please advise. I have 6 if these MyCloud Ultras in operation and none work with iPads. All firmware is completely up to date.

listen. Everything is working for me. I haven’t tried iPhone but iPad works. We did it. Update your iOS

iPhone is on 13.1.3 and iPad Pro 11” is on 13.2 (beta) which supposedly has all the fixes in it already.

Mark Simon

KJ4YTH

Yes, bypassing HTTPS verification works, thanks!!! But, this option disables certification validation and is not recommended as stated on the app?

Update. Tried iPad Pro 11” again this morning and yes, I can confirm the files app now works with the iOS 13.2 beta update.

Mark Simon

KJ4YTH

I have found that the MyCloud app is still not working on either my iPhone (11, running iOS 13.1.3) or my iPad (sixth generation, running iPadOS 13.1.3)

@ElvisGuevara, if it’s the My Cloud app and not Files app, this artilce may help you:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28736/kw/ios%2013

Hi I still have problem on iph 11 I updated My Cloud app just now and have IOS 13.2 on phone
in side menu of app I see GREEN plus sign and MyBookLive
I tap and it askes which user account
I log in but get error message
" the operation couldn’t be completed. (WDGeneralNetwork-Error error 500.)
any suggestions ?

so I tried a diff user account and it partially works. now what I see is the full list of my “folders” but if I tap 1 to view files I get mssg" MyBookLive is not accessible. Local documents available.

yet on my ipad or older iphone (5) I am able to view each file.

is it in the iph 11 settings or something else I may be doing wrong?

thanks in advance