Internet radio

Anyone know if the WD Live can play BBC Radio 4? I have looked at Live 365 and it doesn’t seem to have BBC radio stations.

Live 365 does not carry BBC stations and the WDTV Live cannot on its own play BBC stations.

Is there any way to get 1.FM stations to play on the WDTV Live?  My favourite station is on that network.

Some reported success at playing arbitrary internet radio stations by using a media server as a proxy. Basically the media server must present to the WDTV Live what looks like an audio file it can play, while the media server software on your computer pipes the content of the stream to the WDTV Live on the fly.

In my opinion the WD live TV should be capable of receiving internet radio streams. Just a simple entry of some url’s is enough. In Europe internet radio is very popular. Live356 and Pandora is no option in Europe. For the time being I use tversity on the media PC.

If you buy the Twonkymedia server  you can stream some shoutcast radio stations. Live 365 is available in the UK but unfortunately on the WDTV you have to pay to listen to more than 10 free stations.

ronaldsn wrote:
In my opinion the WD live TV should be capable of receiving internet radio streams. Just a simple entry of some url’s is enough. In Europe internet radio is very popular. Live356 and Pandora is no option in Europe. For the time being I use tversity on the media PC.

So go to the suggestion forum and suggest it (or search for others similar ideas and vote for it)