Internet connection interrupted when mbl is connected by ethernet cable

Hi there,
I am using a my book live and have it currently connected to a macbook pro with retina display running yosemite. When I connect the mbl to my computer via an ethernet - thundebolt adapter (this is the only port available to connect to an ethernet connection) the wifi connection to my home network is disabled. It was working just fine when i had mybook live mounted over the wifi network. The problem only arose when i connected it by the ethernet - thundebolt connection. Thoughts?

spindoctor15 wrote:
Hi there,
I am using a my book live and have it currently connected to a macbook pro with retina display running yosemite. When I connect the mbl to my computer via an ethernet - thundebolt adapter (this is the only port available to connect to an ethernet connection) the wifi connection to my home network is disabled. It was working just fine when i had mybook live mounted over the wifi network. The problem only arose when i connected it by the ethernet - thundebolt connection. Thoughts?

It’s probably a function of the MAC – disable the slow interface when a faster interface is available – but I don’t know because I’ve not touched a Mac in almost 25 years.

At any rate, why would you want to do this anyway?   If you have a thunderbolt ethernet adapter, then connect to your network via ethernet instead of WiFi.

Just to verify, you’re connecting the MBL directly to your MBP via a Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter.

If that is the case, then you will need to have the MBL connected to an available port on your router and use the wireless on the MBP or an ethernet cable and that should solve the challenge.