Internet attacks on My Cloud Home set to local

I frequently get notices from my firewall that a known high risk internet address is attempting to connect to my MCH device. It is running 7.16.0-220 and is set to Local. These addresses from all over the world. How is the MCH even being seen from the Internet and how do I stop this?

1 Like

Which router firewall and what “high risk” IP is shown?
Disable UPnP.

1 Like

@rmrnola

See if you can block or deny the IP or Mac address in your router. See example image from my router.

1 Like

I have a COX Panoramic router. High risk IP’s are from all over, eg; 23.129.64.212 from USA 89.248.165.89 from Seychelles or 185.220.101.46 from Germany. I get several of these reports every week. There does not seem to be any way to turn on’/off UPnP in the user interface. Port Forwarding is OFF on the router so maybe I just don’t see the UPnP setting? Is the MCH using UPnP and broadcasting its ID to the Internet?

1 Like

Probably has nothing to do with MCH but has something to do with bittorrent as that USA ip is a tor exit node, 40% of which is bittorent and is considered as low to middle risk. COX is just being nosy and covering their backs. Use a VPN and/or get your own router to control your traffic as COX locked many of the settings of their router in the cloud and not easily accessible by the home user.

1 Like

What perplexes me is how is anything on the Internet detecting the MCH? How is it broadcasting its presence?

1 Like