Internal HD not recognized after the "power button bug"

Hello,

I’ve had the same problem that several other users had aswell, the one that when the live hub tries to load mochi it crashes… After removing the cable from the physical button board the problem was solved. Although after solving that problem,another one just popped…

The hub doesn’t recognizes its internal hard drive anymore! I still can play media trough streaming, but I can’t access the videos that I had inside it, nor anything else… I can’t even format the drive because the hub can’t even see it…

I’m pretty sure that I only unplugged that cable, nothing else…

Using the wd software called “WD Discovery” I accessed the device, and on the bottom of the page was showing that I had 400gb occupied which was correct, but is was showing as “Other” media… then I tried to access the hd from there but no success…

Any ideas???

Have you tried to remove the hardisk and connect it on your pc?

If your pc does not recognise the disk, then perhaps it is damaged.

OR try a system reset.

Is the hub visible to your local network? Can you access it via //WDTVLIVEHUB ??

I will try to connect the hd to the computer, is it a normal desktop hard drive or do I need a special cable???

And yes the computer can see the hub, but when I access it appears as a blank folder…

That’s what i don’t know.

It’s an ordinary SATA laptop drive…

Thank you guys!

I managed to get it working by plugging the hd to the computer and then formating the partition with 930gb, the other partition (1gb) I left untouched…

I conected it to the desktop as a normal desktop hard drive even though it is a notebook hard drive…

Hi Luis, one question, how did you manage to open the box? where are the screws on the device? and, one addiitional question: Do you need to format it using a special partition type (linux, fat32,ntfs)

heinzpo wrote:

Hi Luis, one question, how did you manage to open the box? where are the screws on the device? and, one addiitional question: Do you need to format it using a special partition type (linux, fat32,ntfs)

The mouldings are clipped together.