Internal Backup Failing on DL4100

Hello all,

I have a DL4100 that has two shares on it, one called “NIGHTLY-BACKUPS” (written to from another DL4100 on the network by it’s remote backup option) and one called “WEEKLY-BACKUPS”

I’m trying to do an internal backup that occurs every Sunday to copy the nightly backups to the weekly backups. I had to split the remote backups into three jobs because there is a lot of data so my settings for the internal jobs are as follows

Job Name:
WEEKLY-1

Source Folder
NIGHTLY-BACKUPS/(the name and serial number of the NAS but I want to keep that private)/ONSITE-NIGHTLY-1

Destination Folder
WEEKLY-BACKUPS

Backup Type
Synchronize

Recurrence
SUN 1PM / Weekly

All the information I get when the backup fails is “Backup failed. Please check your system settings”

The strange thing is I have another backup almost identical that DOES work. The details for the job that DOES work are here:

Job Name:
WEEKLY-2

Source Folder
NIGHTLY-BACKUPS/(the name and serial number of the NAS but I want to keep that private)/ONSITE-NIGHTLY-2

Destination Folder
WEEKLY-BACKUPS

Backup Type
Synchronize

Recurrence
SUN 3PM / Weekly

What are the conditions for the backup to work? Is there a file path limit? File size limit? Are the shares not allowed to have special characters in their names?

Any help or information on why the job could be failing would be greatly appreciated.

Hello,

I haven’t test this. As a recommendation, create a case with support.

See if this helps
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en