Intermittent crashing of 12TB G-Raid

My 12TB G-Raid has been crashing intermittently. When I opened it today, the G on the front of the drive lit up red, rather than the usual white. What does this indicated. I am still able to access the files on the drive (Adobe Lightroom).

Hi @pmwhitington,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Yes, my 12TB G-Raid has been crashing quite frequently and yesterday the “G” on the front panel illuminated red rather than the usual white. I have now downloaded the G-RAID with Thunderbolt 3 configurator and that informed me that one of the 2 drives was corrupted and gave me the option of rebuilding that drive using the contents of the other drive. That now appears to be proceeding OK. However I won’t know if the rebuild has been successful until later tonight. I’ll get back in touch then if the problem persists.

Regards,
Paul

Just to give you an update that the rebuild of my corrupted drive has proceeded correctly with the configurator and my RAID array is now working normally.

Regards,
Paul