Intermittent Bluescreen/No signal

Hi all!!!

I recently switched my WDTVLH’s output from component to HDMI (old receiver died).  About 15 to 20% of the time, the hub fails to get content to the screen.  What I see is a 4:3 blue box on my TV.

I’ve gone though the forums here and read about the HDMI handshake issues, but they seemed to be binary; either you got a pic or you didn’t.  My issue is intermittent.

Here’s as much info as I think is relevant, but (TonyPH) feel free to id essential info I’ve omitted :slight_smile:

– WDTVLH [HDMI] to Onkyo TX-NR709 [HDMI] to HDFURYIII [component] to Panny plasma TH-50PHD8U 1080i

– All devices flashed to current firmwares as of this moment

– WDTVLH resolution set to HDMI (auto)

For clarity, the workaround is a hard off on the WDTVLH (holding the power button for >3 secs) and voila!

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

Thanks hubbers!!!

Jim Preis

You are using HDMI in auto, try to setup your HDMI output in a fixed resolution.

1 Like

OK.  I’ve constrained the WDTVLH to output 1080i/60 which is the max my monitor can handle and so far - drumroll - it hasn’t happened since.

So thank you for your suggestion.

If it doesn’t happen again in the next week, I’ll accept as solution.

TY again!!!

Jim

My wife says it’s fixed. She has a degree in electrical engineering and I’m a lowly project manager so I’m accepting your input as the solution : ). Thank you kindly sir!

:smiley:

Good to know that is working.