Interactive Service in Windows 10

Hello

I have been having trouble getting a service used for a piece of software, that before Win 10, had no trouble accessing my WD MyCloud. However in Windows 10, no dice. Was wondering if someone could perhaps help me with a reason why? The service by default uses the LOCAL SYSTEM account, and as I said with this login had no problems accessing a public shared folder on the MyCloud in Windows 7.

If you cannot see the My Cloud in Windows 10 it may be related to this:

If you are getting a specific error message please post it.

Hello and thank you for your response.

I actually did see this support article, however this is not what I am dealing with.

I can see the drive in Windows Explorer under network locations, as well as browse out to it. What I am dealing with has to do with a Windows service that runs as a part of a piece of software that gets installed on our PCs. This service needs to be able to access the share that gets created on the WD MyCloud, which it has always been able to do in Windows XP and Windows 7. We are having problems accomplishing this with Windows 10. The service has always used the default Local System account as the login to access the share. Now for some reason, we cannot hit the share with the service logged into with the Local System account.

I realize at the other end of this problem, is the software/service, and we can access the share with the service logged into with an Administrator account. However, I was under the impression with the WD MyCloud device, that any account could access a share set as “public”, including the local system account on the PC.