Installing WD MBL Software

I just bought the 2T Mybook Live and I can’t complete the cd setup as the setup can’t detect the device.My pc is on Win Vista Ultimate. I did a mybooklive web browser and it worked fine. My wiring and network has no problem but setup fails. The only way I could move files over to the Mybook is via www.wd2go.com internet file transfer which is very tediuous and slow.

Can anyone help point the way to solving this problem. I am able to use the wd2go apps for both Apple and Android just fine.

Thanks

What if you type \thenameofyourMBL or \theIPaddressofyourMBL on the search bard when you click on start?

1 Like

Ok I found out that the problem is with my cable modem which is a all-in modem/router/wifi box. The best solution is to get another router hooked up and then plug in the WD Mybook Live. It will then be seen on the whole network.

Thanks for the help. Think WD should mention this problem in FAQ as it seems to be common given that this will happen in all instances where such a modem router is involved.

To suferket,

I have an all-in-one modem (cable modem/wired and wireless router - an SMCD3GN) and it assigned a DHCP IP to my MBL 3TB just fine and the MBLs IP can be seen throughout the network. It might be that the all-in-one box is not the problem.

You could get a gigabit switch instead of using the switch within the all-in-one cable modem/router?  Obviously you’ll have the all-in-one connected to the switch.

surferket wrote:

Ok I found out that the problem is with my cable modem which is a all-in modem/router/wifi box. The best solution is to get another router hooked up and then plug in the WD Mybook Live. It will then be seen on the whole network.

Thanks for the help. Think WD should mention this problem in FAQ as it seems to be common given that this will happen in all instances where such a modem router is involved.