Installed latest update - can get to files - can't get to dashboard

Installed latest update to My Cloud
I can still see all my files using Windows Explorer.

I can not connect to dashboard… I want to modify the setup
Installed Windows WD My Cloud Desktop app … no luck… “Can not connect to your device”
checked My Cloud MAC address and got ip from router… tried to use the ip in Firefox … no luck — blank page continuous “connecting”

I have a working? My Cloud but can no longer get to the dashboard to make modifications

All I get is a can not connect to your device on My Cloud Desktop App. Is there an 800 number to call

Sometimes performing a reset or system restore can fix some issues.

http://support.wdc.com/KnowledgeBase/answer.aspx?ID=10432

See the WD Support website for their support contact methods: http://support.wdc.com/contact.aspx

A “sometimes” solution from a WD Support individual is not that helpful. Especially if it keeps a system user name that was sent to me in an email a couple of years ago. Will I still be able to see my files using my Windows PC?

Perhaps the WD Support individual may be interested in a little more information.

I can see all my files using my Windows computer, but I am not able to access MY CLOUD using my iPhone 6S+ MY CLOUD APP. I was able to access it a couple of days ago.
I get:
Drive Offline
“MY Cloud Name” is not
accessible. Local
documents are available.
OK

By the way, what are local documents?

I just checked my iPad Air - first generation…
Same result as my iPhone

My iPhone has been updated to ios 9.3.1
I am waiting to update the iPad

[quote=“Don_Simmons, post:3, topic:158477, full:true”]
A “sometimes” solution from a WD Support individual is not that helpful. Especially if it keeps a system user name that was sent to me in an email a couple of years ago. [/quote]
@Don_Simmons, Please note that myself and most others here ARE NOT WD Support individuals/staff nor employed by WD in any way. We are fellow users like yourself who came here for one reason or another as it concerns the WD My Cloud, and have stayed and are trying to help others with their problems or issues. I am not sure what you are talking about with respect to email sent to you a couple of years ago. You can click on my screen name to see the account information and see that my join date was Apr 30, '15, less than a year ago. As far as I can tell I have never sent you an email or personal message with respect to this site or the My Cloud.

[quote=“Bennor, post:4, topic:158477, full:true”]
I am not sure what you are talking about with respect to email sent to you a couple of years ago.[/quote]

I think he might be talking about the “Get Code” email that is sent when you allow access to the My Cloud, but then again … maybe not. :neutral_face:

Possible. But who knows, its not clear what exactly was being referenced. In any event if the problem is confined to a mobile device (cell phone/tablet) then often removing then reinstalling the mobile app may fix the problem. Other times doing a 4 second reset or 40 section system restore of the My Cloud may fix the issue. Or ensuring all WD apps/software and the My Cloud firmware is up to date.

Sorry Bennor

I did not look at your comment close enough. I only saw the WD Support.com that you clipped into your comment and thought the comment was coming from WD Support.com

I followed the suggestion in the WD Support.com clip and a couple of levels down saw a reference about an email they send when I set my first password. The implication is the reset will set it to that password and not the factory default. I obviously have my current password. I just cant remember if it is the first password.

My son suggested a simple hard boot, but warned me about potential disasters.

Again,
Is there an actual WD Support group, or is all this stuff overseas?
The funny thing is I use to live close to the original WD headquarters. Sad to see all the software technology leaving the country. Don’t know if WD is in that group.

Thank you for your support.

If you are old enough you may remember the Gallo commercial and the beauty of the comment

Google will find the MyCloud user manual. It describes the effect of, and how to perform the various resets.

The password is cleared and user set to ‘admin’.

As the WD Support link above explains. A (4 second) reset will reset the My Cloud administrator account password and IP settings back to default. A (40 second) system restore will generally reset all system values to default values, will not cause data loss, and all Private Shares will become Public Shares.

It also helps to reboot the computer to clear any temporarily cached data in the web browser after performing a reset or system restore on the My Cloud.

Instead of doing the reset, I did a simple hard boot (pulled power and waited 7 sec).

Rebooted the PC.
Everything fine now… got dashboard on PC and able to connect my iPhone.

Thanks to everyone for their comments.