Indexing Issue?

I’m not sure what is happening here but I’ve had about 5 different files this week that seem to have overwritten other files.  I’ve saved files as “A”, but when they are called up again, “B” comes up and “A” is nowhere to be found. These so fare have been Excel files that are used and updated everyday.  I did not save “A” as “B”.  If this happened once I would write it off to user error, but 5 times in a week with no issues for the previous year is just strange.  I’ve scanned for viruses and rebuilt the index on my PC all to no avail.  Any ideas where I should look next?

Tim

I suppose I should add the obvious that these are all files that are saved on my WD My Cloud device.  This has not happened to any files saved directly to my C: drive.

Thanks,

Tim

what are you using to access the files? wdmycloud app? file explorer browsing LAN? Mapped drive? file/open in what program?

is this remote? or on the LAN?

I’ve used both Windows7 and Excel to access files and I am connected wirelessly to My Cloud through my LAN.  I have set up My Cloud as a mapped Drive.  Any idea what would cause, what appears to be, a confusion of file names?

Thanks,

Tim