Incorrect password

Hi all,

So i’m still having a load of trouble with my DX4000.

I believe I have a failed disk (in 4), so I’ve re-installed (recovered) several times now and my last 3 installs (recoveries) all appear to get Windows installed for me - but when I try to connect to the dashboard - it refuses my password.

I’ve set the locale, date and time correctly. I’ve named it what I want, I can ping it, I can use MSTSC to try and join or attempt to load the dashboard - but it will not accept my password. This is 8 characters long, the first character is an uppercase letter and there are 3 numbers within. I know it’s correct and it’s carefully typed. 3 installs! Each refuses the password. It’s BS.

I’m using Windows 10 and I’ve read that WHS has issus with its connector software if you connect to the dashboard via IPv6, but that’s not helped either.

Stumped (and bloody annoyed).

bloody annoyed
Does not sound like English :slightly_smiling:
Is this you?

You may be unable to log on to the server because your keyboard was set to an English layout during Setup

After you choose a language and keyboard layout during Setup, your keyboard can remain in the English layout. Any passwords that are created during Setup might be based on the English keyboard layout. Because of this, you may be unable to log on to the server after Setup is finished. This can occur because the keyboard language format is set to English by default during Setup. If you change the language format, the keystrokes that you use to create the passwords may not map correctly to the keyboard layout that you are using.

To resolve this issue, after finishing Setup, perform the steps in the following procedure to reset the administrator and standard user passwords.

To reset the administrator and standard user passwords

1.In the logon screen, click the Language bar, select English, and then log on to the server by using the password that you created during Setup.

2.Open the Windows SBS 2011 Essentials Dashboard.

3.On the Users page, right-click the Admin account, and then click Change the user account password.

4.Type and confirm a new password for the account, and then click Change password.

5.Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the User account.

On the contrary, I was born slap bang in the middle of Britan and I’ve lived there all my life :slight_smile: I couldn’t be more “English” if I tried.

I don’t believe setup actually completes, that’s the thing. It says it does, but the power LED remains flashing and it says “Loading OS Please wait…” on the unit. It’s as if there’s an authentication service that isn’t running yet. No matter how long it’s left, it won’t display it’s IP, capacity etc.

I changed my SO-DIMM for a 4GB module, but I can’t believe that’s the cause.

See that is my American self centered view showing. I think you are British which just goes to prove what you think about us across the pond LOL

I have a buddy over there and when he logs into a machine over here he will change the keyboard and I go nuts till I figure out what is going on.

You have 2 problems. The first being that setup did not enter the password you thought it did. Even though you selected EN-UK it entered EN. In essence the keyboard selection takes place “after” setup completes. Obviously an error in the programing.

Your second issue is the WD services are not starting and that is why the LCD continues to say loading OS. When you run setup be sure and select NO to checking for updates.

I did choose to not check for updates on my last attempt (with 3 drives).

I’ve got a unit a work, I’m going to secure the data and try my drives in there I think.

Finally sorted it.

I took each individual drive out and deleted the RAID array info on a computer with Intel RST enabled. I deleted any partitions too.

Re-installed 3 of the drives (I have one that’s potentially failed/failing - but that’s a story for another day) and recreated the storage - it displayed a message to say this was successful - so then I performed the recovery again - in exactly the same way.

Only this time the LED displayed accurate messages to as to what it was actually doing (i.e… restarting, setup % etc) … once that was done, I ran the wizard again, and it would happily accept my password this time.

Hi InterPro,

Did you recreate your Raid in your bios? Or is it not necessary? I deleted my raid array on both drives and i stil have the Wrong Password issue. But shouldnt i have create the raid again? Or does the recovery ‘Recreate Storage’ step with the flash sort that out? Just wondering because when i put my drives back in my PC it still says it a Non-Raid drive🤔

I literally removed the drives and one by one - removed the partitions, everything from all of the drives so they were as if I’d bought them from the shop. Then I recreated the storage using one USB drive and re-installed using a different one for my recovery. I don’t think I had much luck using one stick for all. But I made absolutely sure my drive models were written in the list on the whitelist file in the WD folder on the recreate USB stick.

I just checked now and my drive models is there. I have 2x WD 2TB WDC WD2009FYPX-09AAMB0