Incorrect dns, cannot get internet connection

Hello! I am trying to connect the live hub to the internet, but it says “incorrect DNS number”, via cable. Don’t have wifi and so on… I am trying this for hours now, automatic or manually, it just doesn’t work. I HATE THE LIVE HUB for this… Anyboduy who can help me out? I get very irritated by this!:angry:

Ok, first, find out what DNS server the WDTV Live is trying to use by looking at the SETUP screens.   Do NOT assume you know what the address is or what it’s supposed to be.

Second, go on your computer and open a CMD window and issue the commands below, as shown, capture the output, and post it here.

C:\Users\Tony>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : KIDS-VM-PC
   Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Hybrid
   IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
   DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
   Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.156(Preferred)
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
   DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
   DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 10.0.0.1
   NetBIOS over Tcpip. . . . . . . . : Enabled

******** Note: I've deleted some irrelevant lines.   
******** Take note of the "DNS Servers" list.

C:\Users\Tony>nslookup
> server 10.0.0.1 <---- Put the DNS Server address the WDTV is using here. I'm using 10.0.0.1.

Default Server: (deleted)
Address: 10.0.0.1

> support.wdc.com
Server: sol.tonysown.net
Address: 10.0.0.1

Non-authoritative answer:
Name: support.wdc.com
Address: 129.253.55.56

OK, here it is.  A bit more information first.  I discovered earlier today that my wireless router has died.  Replaced it a little while ago and have my wireless network back up except for the leg containing the WD (two wireless computers and a wireless printer are functioning correctly).  When I scan my LAN all the devices are there except for the WD and the wireless bridge it’s connected to, so the bridge seems to be the suspect point ipconfig.jpg.

Hello and thanx for the reply,

The DSN number the HUb is trying to use by itself is a weird number, or at least not the correct number I get when I use the configall command line. I am a bit reluctant to post all my personal internet data on a forum here, due to privacy reasons.

I tried to manualy enter the supposed correct information, and then the HUb says the IP address is correct, however the DSN isn’t… So what do/should I look for when I do than command line config all/  ?

hawk11 wrote:

… 

I am a bit reluctant to post all my personal internet data on a forum here, due to privacy reasons.

I don’t understand why you think the output from ipconfig /all or nslookup is a privacy concern. There are probably many millions of internet users around the world that have almost identical information.

Just post the output from these commands so the experts can assist you.

What is the IP address that is being used for your Live Hub?