I'm getting tired

Of all the complaints that the Live Hub won’t do this or that thing that it was never advertised or designed to do. If you didn’t do your homework before buying, that’s your problem. We can’t fix things that aren’t broken. We can’t make the Live Hub do things it wasn’t meant to. We can’t make it support a codec that isn’t included.

Sorry, just needed to vent.

1 Like

@ Miami_Son

“We can’t fix things that aren’t broken.”

True, BUT… things can be changed and/or updated via firmware. What you don’t consider broken others might. Again, thats what firmware updates are for.

“We can’t make it support a codec that isn’t included.”

Incorrect, codecs can be updated and added with new firmware updates.

Cheers!

littleg68 wrote:

“We can’t make it support a codec that isn’t included.”

Incorrect, codecs can be updated and added with new firmware updates.

Incorrect…  this is not a software player that has software-based codecs.   All video decoding is done in the chipset.

Trolling 101 :wink:

Really? Wow… what a shame!!!

I just asumed it was like other hardware i have used in the past that could be updated via firmware.

**bleep**, i remember way back when even the xbox 360 introuced divx support to their console via a update… lol

Oh well, the hub does ererything i need it to do anyways.

Just waiting for a new hardware improved release of a new Live Hub someday. Should be great!!

WD media players are tops in my book.

Firmware updates are limited. For instance, codec support can not be expanded by firmware because of hardware limitations. If you buy a Live Hub hoping it may one day do something it currently does not, you will likely be disappointed.

Here’s a perfect example:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-General/WD-Please-add-Google-to-the-list-of-web-locations/td-p/413622