If you are desperately waiting for a new update... Read this!

Having now read the article you linked to,  I guess Netflix it is.  Still, pay them for a **bleep** private API key. I’ll gladly pay the premium to get that content.

Or better yet, sell the product without Netflix and offer me for a fee that includes cost recovery for development and licencing and I’ll buy a Netflix App for my WDTV.  Gladly.

Or give the guys down at Roku a call and ask what they’re doing.

I know this is an older post, but I too wanted an update to the system. I was disappointment with the first upgrade, when it took away all the premium features, and left you with the free stuff. So, no more updates until I could verify it on a virtual box. Well, waited and waited, and even offered them to help with writing the updates, etc. No responses. So, looked about and found tons of “Alternate” Firmware. I didn’t even have to fire up the computer for programming. So, did that. Way awesome. Now I have a system (Tiny little black box) that does it all. From free TV Streaming, to satellite video, to pay per view (in a manner of speaking) to my own media management DNLA. And, the screen mirror finally works !!! woo hooo, stream from my dinky phone in 1080P. So, I would recommend you all go down that road.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi! Did you find/have you seen any decent firmware that allows for Amazon video?

Yes, get a $40 Amazon Fire TV that has Amazon Prime video and Netflix. Install Kodi app on Fire TV and it can take the place of a WDTV.

WDTV is a great media streamer from home drives and never was a good streamer of internet sourced video.

What’s your problem, Bub? The WDTV is what it is; an excellent home media plqyer (and discontinued product). and Amazon video is not in the cards for it – ever.

I asked an entirely different question, of someone else. But apparently you’re too self-centered to see that. You really do assume that people are as unaware and ignorant as you treat them, huh kiddo? Were you even aware I was asking a question of someone who was talking about ‘unofficial’ firmware, or were you too excited to gift your all-knowing advice to the world?

“Bub”.

Questions not addressed to anyone are by default, to the community at large. So as anyone who frequents this forum may do, I answered in a factual and helpful manner. Little did I realize I was replying to a real jerk who replied with censored profanity.

Hi there,
Could you help with any links for ‘Alternate’ firmware? Which one it worked best for you?
Also, is there any way to flush the FW and have an android emulator so I can use APK for streaming?
For now I prefer APK than Kodi… but that could change in the future. …
Thanks