IE9 Certificate error

When I log in to WD 2go I get a Certificate error saying this is not a trusted certificate. I know every thing is OK so I just tell it o ignore and keep going. But I would like to NOT have to do that every time. So is there away I can make IE9 like the certificate but still keep the tight security I have on my PC.

Does this happen everytime you log in?

I can’t recall if IE9 had requirements for every time you logged in. Have you tried other browsers like Firefox?

Yeah, I have had the same problem in chrome on both a mac and a PC

Yeah, I have had the same problem in chrome on both a mac and a PC

I am also getting the certificate error, but with no way to continue on.

Same issue here using Chrome but I was able to continue by pressing ignore. My daughter got the issue using IE9 as follows: “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate. … Click here to close this webpage. [OR] Continue to this website (not recommended).”.

oh ok !

Yes, unfortunately you will get that “error” with certain browsers. Until/if we can get a certificate authority to build in our certificate, this will happen. This is just the browsers being paranoid, but should not eb an issue. Just say Yes. Firefox will remember the choice and not present you that screen again. I thought IE9 would remember it as well.

Thank you for your response.

Perhaps I do not understand SSL/TLSas well as I thought. How can WD resolve this? I thought the site that does not have a valid certificate is actually our own MBL site?

Grytr wrote:

Thank you for your response.

Perhaps I do not understand SSL/TLSas well as I thought. How can WD resolve this? I thought the site that does not have a valid certificate is actually our own MBL site?

Well, i guess it has not really much to do with th e fact if the website sets up a secure connection.

Although, whenever one visits a website the browser used checks the website for a certificate which tells the browser that the website you are about to visit is secure and actually the website you want to visit.

It goes like this: You type in website; browser goes to website and asks for security certificates. The website either: shows a certificate or doesn’t show a certificate. If it doesn’t, you get a warning from your browser. If it does show a certificate, it will check for the certificate’s publisher (usually a third party) that signs the certificate digitally and holds the key somewhere in a secure environment. If the third party has signed the certificate, the browser knows the website you are about to visit is acually the intended website. If the certificate however doesn’t show a publisher (and therefore isn’t digitally signed) the browser gives you the warning that the connection might be unsecure or that it can’t verify if the website you want to visit it actually the correct website.

That said, strange enough WD doesn’t have a third party digitally signing their certificates. Might be a cost-aspect but i don’t really get it considering they provide the wd2go.com service and some lines of their products use over-the-internet communications with the network at customers’ houses. Should be secure/ signed imho…

Hope this clears some things out for you