ID Tags

Hello, I’m currently converting my entire DVD collection and using DVDFab 8 and have converted to formats as AVI and MP4, I renames the file name and folder but I noticed the ID Tag is the file name under the folder I created and not the new file name. I’m having a hard time trying to figure how I can get the SMP to recognize the file name and not the ID Tag. If not, then what software are people using (FREE) to change the ID tags within the file itself. I can manually change each file under the get content info and use the keyboard to change the file and this works well for movies, I’m having a hard time with TV shows because it’s looking in the wrong databade to collect the info. If someone knows who to do that, please let me know. I have converted over 5000 DVD’s for movies and TV Shows and would really like the “Get Content Info” to work so I can have the thumbnail artwork and video info. I see that there is still an issue with the subtitle and getting it to work. I can never get it to work on AVI or MP4.

I’m running my movies and TV shows from a NAS server and a PC and sub titles are working perfectly on .avi, .mp4 and .mkv.  They worked right out of the box ( 2 months ago) and as far as I know I have done nothing special.

I guess I should have added that I have two 3TB external hard drives connected to the SMP and not using a NAS system. Apparently the SMP reads the ID Tag on the file rather then the file name I created for it. Just need a way to change the ID Tag inside the file itself. MAybe it would be better to have a NAS system but I’m not sure I would have the same end result as have the picture thumbnail and database info as I would being connected to the SMP.

Whilst not a solution for quick and easy tag editing of 5000 video files.

mp3tag  you can edit (add or remove tags) within MP4 Video Files   (click the link)

abcAVI Tag Editor  you can edit (add or remove tags) within AVI Video Files   (click the link)

You will have to Google for a “Batch Processing” solutions for either programs above … or other programs that will do the job.

Thanks for the info, this will be a long process to rename the ID Tags or I can use the keyboard on the “get info” and enter the name of the movie and it searches it that way and replaces the name (a temporary name) over the ID Tag, this seems to work, for now. Still a pain in the rear. The other problem I have is it only searches the movie database and I can seem to find TV shows, Is there a process for correctly identifying the correct database, Example, if I enter M*A*S*H it only shows the original movie and not the TV series. What do I type to get SMP to think it’s a TV show?

@DBROWN

The other problem I have is it only searches the movie database and I can seem to find TV shows, Is there a process for correctly identifying the correct database

After choosing Get Content Info and results are not found … have you tried selecting this (right side of screen)

video_playback_metadata_change_scraper_f.png

Which reveals this ‘option’