Icon in top left corner, folder not up to date

Hi All,

I’ve recently done a lot of work with my media collection and have noticed a funny icon in the top left corner of some folders on my WD SMP.  It looks like a movie reel kind of in a box.  Not sure what it means, but I’ve also noticed that a lot of the folders are not up to date.

For example, my movie folder folder is missing a fair few (but not the most recent addition!)

Could the icon be something to do with that? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Dom

Sounds like you’re using a media server (DLNA) in which case your media server needs to update its own database.

If you’re using local storage or a network share, please post a screenshot of what you’re talking about and post it.

Hi,

I’m running a WD TV Live SMP connected to a 2TB HDD and to my router.  Not sure if that is DLNA but don’t think so.

Here’s a screenshot.  The two with the icon are my movies and stand up comedy folders, which have a lot of updates recently.  The other one is my TV programmes which has new things added all the time through SickBeard, but is always up to date.

One of the things I’ve tried to do recently is add folder pictures ( http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub-Themes/TW-Genre-Folder-Icons-Updated-10-30-12/td-p/414968))  Some of them have worked, but not all.  Have renamed them all to folder.jpg.

Thanks,

Dom wd thing.jpg

You are using a theme, perhaps you should ask the theme developer.

Would a theme stop things from updating?

It’s Darklight from tinwarbler.

Dom

if you access it via network share, it’s a network share

if you access via media servers, then it’s DNLA

a theme will not prevent an update

but themes can change how an icon is displayed

He might know about the cine reel you are talking about, I assume that’s part of the theme. Its certainly not on the WD theme.

drpips wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve recently done a lot of work with my media collection and have noticed a funny icon in the top left corner of some folders on my WD SMP.  It looks like a movie reel kind of in a box.  Not sure what it means, but I’ve also noticed that a lot of the folders are not up to date.

For example, my movie folder folder is missing a fair few (but not the most recent addition!)

Could the icon be something to do with that? How can I fix it?

Thanks,

Dom

Have you tried deleting the .wd_tv folders from all your folders on your connected hard drive, these folders store thumbs which might be keeping a copy of the default thumb (film reel).

Theses are hidden folders on the hard drive connected to your SMP, so make sure “show hidden folders, files and drives” is selected in windows.

The .wd_tv folders will regenerate  the next time you use your SMP.

Cheers