I wonder what people think who bought the hub loaded with this firmware think

What if this firmware was your first experience with the hub and you happened to get all of the reported bugs (screensaver, video_ts freezes, shuffle issues, etc)? Are you totally pissed? Do you feel ripped off?

No and you want to know why…?

Hundreds would never think of going on a forum or even know you can update firmware

Im guessing boxes in circulation will have older firmware anyway.

Most seem to have been stumped with services, Netflix etc, whilst I would have thought everyone bought these to watch their own movies, but maybe Im biased because I live in the UK, an have no services to use. A lot of these bugs are gone now.

But it does and always amaze me that reviewers can rate a peice of kit with so much not working and that goes for most gadgets nowadays. How many players come on the market with only 50% of its box credits working…

Maybe your average customer gets excited at Facebook and Games, as thats the way WD seem to be pitching this box now :frowning:

wdtvhub wrote:

No and you want to know why…?

Hundreds would never think of going on a forum or even know you can update firmware

Im guessing boxes in circulation will have older firmware anyway.

I’m not sure that I would agree with you there. The hub tells you there is new firmware if you are connected to the internet.

True. But how many know what it is/does.

My mother in law clicked it by mistake on her WD Live box, I had to go and fix it when it trashed it. :slight_smile: