I want to use RE4 as desktop but what happens if error recovery limited by TLER?

I want to use RE4 as desktop but what happens if error recovery limited by TLER?

My understanding

TLER limits recovery time to 8 to 15 second or similar, desk top drive can take 2 mins to sort out recovery of bad sector etc

So if recovery stopped then will it go back and sort it out later or will data be lost.

( OR WAS DATA  LOST ANYWAY AND WE ARE JUST resetting to KEEP AWAY FROM THE BAD SECTOR when IN RECOVERY MODE)

and of course how ofetn does it take more than the shorter time to recover a bad sector anyway?

My aim in looking at RE4 enterprise 500 GB or may be 1 TB drive is to get more reliability as the New egg  feedback figures for unhappy  dead drive is well above the 3 to 7% that it used to be 3 or more years ago. the WD RE4 500gGB i has much lower failures feedback than most drives listed ther i have looked at.

I use drive for HD vido editing and  my 7200 sata have worked well for many years for 500 GB size before bad sectors begin to increase.  I back up files but not as often as I would like  due to time work pressure.

I use raptors they have tlr and are enterprise drives. I ran one 600 gig for a bit then added another for raid. While it was running as a stand alone I had no problems very fast drives. The re drives run fine as a stand alone.

thanks, It would not show up as a problem if you did not have any faults neeeding repair in that time thou. and you would imagine all would be fine for some time.

Customer advice came back and said they are for raid set ups . but did not say what would happen if they could not fix there fault in the more limited time given to self repair that TLER has. if they wree used alone.

Hitachi has enetrprise drive with no TLER which is A WD thing.

Any more insights appreciated