I think the get content info scraper needs fixing

Set it to “Auto” … got 80% of the info … but “Manually” getting the rest … random movies, completely wrong Director !

(checked the TMDB, the Director info is correct there … but the WDTV is getting the wrong info, from “somewhere” 

I had 3 that picked up wrong info but that was due to similar names…“The Gone Girl” vs “Gone Girl”, and 2 where  movies that were remakes of older movies.  Using “Rescan Info” gave me a list of similar titles and I was able to select the correct ones. I did not set to “manual”.  You can select “Rescan Info” for movies that found either no data or selected incorrect data. For newer movies that have only 1 backdrop, it will also check for more.

I only use “My Media Library” to pick up the xml and art as it seems to bog the system down.  I put a new movie into a folder of its own, select that as the media library source and once its picked up the files, remove the folder from media server, I then move the folder contents where I want them and the backdrops play and the text is displayed. I have no need to view youtuble trailers etc.

Ana Maria Quintana is listed under the “DIRECTING” sections in TMBD for both of those movies, with the specific title of Script Supervisor.

Probably another Bug in WD’s not changing over correctly to TMDB’s new API.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Ana Maria Quintana is listed under the “DIRECTING” sections in TMBD for both of those movies, with the specific title of Script Supervisor.

Probably another Bug in WD’s not changing over correctly to TMDB’s new API.

Thanks Tony :smiley:

I wonder (being a TMDB contributer myself … if i should delete those entries from the TMDB database)

“Script Superviser”  should not be under “Directing” in my opinion … what do you think ?

JoeySmyth wrote:> Thanks Tony :smiley:

I wonder (being a TMDB contributer myself … if i should delete those entries from the TMDB database)

“Script Superviser”  should not be under “Directing” in my opinion … what do you think ?

I have no idea what the TMDB folks’ intent is for their DB organization.   All I can tell is that other devices I use that access TMDB’s API return with the correct data for Director…

IMHO, it’s WD’s issue to fix.