- If you set up password protection from WDSmartWare software, remove it first.
- Uninstall all of the WDSmartWare software utilities.
- Unplug the data (Firewire or USB) cable and the power from the WD external drive.
- Restart the computer.
- Re-connect the WD external drive.
- Now you can use the Disk Utility to format the drive.
After that you should be able to drag and drop files to it.
FYI: The Virtual CD is there and can not delete it, only can hide.
To hide the VCD from showing up, run the VCD manager,
It is in the VCD folder.
Copy it to the desktop first and run from the desktop.
Just follow the instructions on the screen.