I need an iTunes setup walkthru

I have spent the last few days reading through a ton of material and probably have seen the answers to my questions, but just did understand the language. Here is what I would like to know…

I have a MBL that has the current firmware and after some initial setup, we have been able to use it to stream video and pictures to our DLNA certified tvs and our DLNA receivers also see the MBL and looks like we will be able to stream music once we get it setup. WDphotos works with the 5 iphones we have no problem except some folders we have deleted from the MBL still show on the phones, but that can wait as everything else seems to work good. The main PC is Windows 7 home and both our laptops are Windows XP. Everything is running the latests updates, firmwares and versions…

We are now talking about setting up iTunes and while I have my iTunes on my laptop, my wife has her own setup on hers and our kids also have seperate user accounts on the Windows PC where they have their accounts as well. Everyone can see the MBL in their iTunes so I am guessing the server is working. So the questions would be these:

1. What is the easiest way to move our iTunes content to the MBL and still keep copies on our computers as well. I am wanting to move music and playlists as well as podcasts. Obviously we would like to keep everyone’s accounts seperated.

2. Is there a way for everyone to be able to put copies of their music on the MBL and let it be shared by everyone without the accounts be mixed up or having a bunch of duplicate songs?

3. When we are traveling and download new material, how do you keep the MBL updated? Does it do it automatically everytime you reconnect to your home network?

4. How can we store a complete back up of our iTunes on the MBL for all five users. We do a routine back up on our PCs, but would like to keep a copy on the MBL too. This would need to include apps and everything for the iPhones.

Sorry for the long post, but just trying to be thorough. I know there is ways to do these things, I just want to make sure that I am doing it the best way possible before jumping in…

BBarker wrote:

1. What is the easiest way to move our iTunes content to the MBL and still keep copies on our computers as well. I am wanting to move music and playlists as well as podcasts. Obviously we would like to keep everyone’s accounts seperated.

1. Is there a way for everyone to be able to put copies of their music on the MBL and let it be shared by everyone without the accounts be mixed up or having a bunch of duplicate songs?

1. When we are traveling and download new material, how do you keep the MBL updated? Does it do it automatically everytime you reconnect to your home network?

1. How can we store a complete back up of our iTunes on the MBL for all five users. We do a routine back up on our PCs, but would like to keep a copy on the MBL too. This would need to include apps and everything for the iPhones.

Sorry for the long post, but just trying to be thorough. I know there is ways to do these things, I just want to make sure that I am doing it the best way possible before jumping in…

1- Copy and paste the files to the different private shares.

2- Yes, just copy the songs to the public folder.

3- You need to manaully add the files unless you are using a program for that.

4-You’ll need a software for that.