I have a proplem with my passport hard

i can’t speack english well but my proplem is   appering the hard at the computer but not in my computer this some photos about my proplem

ودى من داخل ماى كومبيوتر ومفروض الهارد واصل

ال DISK MANAGMENT

I am neither a native English nor Arabic speaker, but I’ll try to help you on this.

As per your pix posted I can see that you have a locked drive. You have to use password unlocking utility available in WD Smartware. If you don’t know the password; there is no way of unlocking your drive. Even WD support can’t unlock it.

If you don’t care about the data in the drive, you could always format the drive by following this method. You have to have applicable WD Smartware installed in your PC. Check WD support site.

Failed Login:

If you enter the wrong password 5 times, you will receive the screen below. In order to try your password 5 more times, you will need to safely eject the drive and unplug USB cable from the unit. Then plug it back it. You will now be given 5 more tries before you get the below screen again.

If not you can choose to format the drive as shown on the pix. – Mabikay - SLK

i know the password but i can’t find the tool that help me to put my passord

You may have disabled Autorun feature in Windows. If you have WD Smartware installed in your system you don’t need this.

Look inside WD virtual drive. You’ll see Unlock.exe in there.

Runs Unlock.exe to unlock your drive.

Look at the bottom of this page.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/wdc.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=3741&p_created=1254176590&p_sid=unAa3okk&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=1&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX3Jvd19jbnQ9MTAsMTAmcF9wcm9kcz0yMjgsMTk1LDMzMCZwX2NhdHM9JnBfcHY9My4zMzAmcF9jdj0mcF9wYWdlPTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1wYXNzd29yZA!!&p_li=&p_topview=1

If you have WD Smartware corrupted, download the relevant setup file from WD support site.

Mabikay - SLK

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. …

1 Like

Uninstall WD Smartware from your PC and restart. Then download the current version available on WD support site and install.  

You should able to unlock your drive using unlock.exe from your PC’s Smartware installation.

Don’t look inside the virtual CD as unlock.exe may not be available in the virtual drive. (As per your pix)

As I can understand you cannot install anything in to your external drive until you unlock it.

Look in Smartware shortcut under Start Menu in your PC. I cannot be much help on WD Smartware as I no longer use that software.

(Next time please try to give as much as detail you can in text  rather than posting pix so we would be able assist you in more productive manner. You don’t need to be that much fluent in English)

Mabikay - SLK

Click the Kudos star to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the ‘Accept as Solution’ button for the post that solved your issue. …