Extract to a custom directory

Run the program, quit the program

Download this file and place it in the profiles directory

http://depositfiles.com/files/xmwgrfwhe

Reload thumbgen, select to use my profile

Then Click process files/folders

place ticks next to the files/folders you want to scrape

then click automatic mode

I recommend testing out on a single file/folder first.

Now load up your wdtv, add the folder to the media library and rescan it.

1 Like

which template should I use in thumbgen?  the default one?

yes default one.

You should get 3 files

moviename.jpg

fanart.jpg

moviename.xml

if you keep all your movies in 1x folder you have to click

options → export images → Background

and change the background file from $M\fanart to $M$N_fanart

This template seems to work very well, but I still have one problem.

The German TV series “Geld, macht, Liebe” shows up in TheTVDB

http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=145501&seasonid=202151&id=1799161&lid=14

But only actors are pulled into the xml, jpg for episode and fanart do not show at all.

Do I miss a setting I should change for a none English TV series?

Any help is highly appreciated.

Bernie

Ummmm…, you know this is not new.  Thumbgen has worked with the HUB and SMP for a long time.  Your a little late just now discovering this.

But, to make it work so that moviesheets show up correctly, you should really be using a theme that is designed to work with moviesheets.   The default theme is not setup to use moviesheets (at least none that are avaiable) and if you use the default moviesheet it will not display correctly, due to the moviesheet containing the metadata, but the metadata is also displayed using the xml data so you will have double text.

Also, you can find info on how to setup Thumbgen for the SMP/HUB, HERE.  This is for my theme, but the setup is pretty much the same for any Moviesheet theme with a few minor difference.

And I don’t recommend running TG in automatic mode the first time you generate data for you files, as you  never know what you’ll get (like having foreign coverart).  It’s best to run it in Manual mode so you can select exactly what you want TG to generate.

Another thing, xml data for TV Shows doesn’t work correctly and the format for TV xml’s are different than it is for Movies, so you will have to manually edit the xml data created by TG.  However, TG is aware of this and hopefully by the next release this will be fixed.

Tinwarble wrote:

Ummmm…, you know this is not new.  Thumbgen has worked with the HUB and SMP for a long time.  Your a little late just now discovering this.

But, to make it work so that moviesheets show up correctly, you should really be using a theme that is designed to work with moviesheets.   The default theme is not setup to use moviesheets (at least none that are avaiable) and if you use the default moviesheet it will not display correctly, due to the moviesheet containing the metadata, but the metadata is also displayed using the xml data so you will have double text.

Also, you can find info on how to setup Thumbgen for the SMP/HUB, HERE.  This is for my theme, but the setup is pretty much the same for any Moviesheet theme with a few minor difference.

And I don’t recommend running TG in automatic mode the first time you generate data for you files, as you  never know what you’ll get (like having foreign coverart).  It’s best to run it in Manual mode so you can select exactly what you want TG to generate.

Another thing, xml data for TV Shows doesn’t work correctly and the format for TV xml’s are different than it is for Movies, so you will have to manually edit the xml data created by TG.  However, TG is aware of this and hopefully by the next release this will be fixed.

do you know of a theme thats basically Mochi but instead of the “Thumbnail View” it would display moviesheets?

I’m a bit picky when using the different views and this it the one thing keeping me from even displaying cover art for my library.

thanks!

Well, there is no “Thumbnail view”.

There are 4 different views, Gallery, Large, Small and List, all of which display thumbnails.

However, I supposing that you mean in the Gallery View, to use moviesheets instead of thumbnails.  If so, then I’m still not sure I understand what your asking unless it’s can you use “Trickle” sheets.  If you do away with thumbnails entirely then you won’t know which movie is next.

But no, there’s no modified Mochi theme that I’m aware of, and especially not one to do what I think your asking.

“I’m a bit picky when using the different views and this it the one thing keeping me from even displaying cover art for my library.”

This is a little confusing. So your saying that instead of using coverart for you movies, you just use the green camera icon?  And having coverart has really nothing to do with views, since the same coverart is displayed in all views.

Tinwarble wrote:

Well, there is no “Thumbnail view”.

There are 4 different views, Gallery, Large, Small and List, all of which display thumbnails.

However, I supposing that you mean in the Gallery View, to use moviesheets instead of thumbnails.  If so, then I’m still not sure I understand what your asking unless it’s can you use “Trickle” sheets.  If you do away with thumbnails entirely then you won’t know which movie is next.

But no, there’s no modified Mochi theme that I’m aware of, and especially not one to do what I think your asking.

“I’m a bit picky when using the different views and this it the one thing keeping me from even displaying cover art for my library.”

This is a little confusing. So your saying that instead of using coverart for you movies, you just use the green camera icon?  And having coverart has really nothing to do with views, since the same coverart is displayed in all views.

sorry about that, I did mean Gallery View. at the moment I use List View because it’s the cleanest view and I don’t have any cover art at the moment as it displays at the end of title when selected and I’m not a fan of that.