I formatted my new MyCloud drive and now I can't 'see' it

I plan to use my new My Cloud network drive for Mac Time Machine back up as well as partitioning it into 3 drives for other uses. I maybe jumped in too soon and formatted the My Cloud drive before I did much else. Now the drive does not show up in Finder or in Disc Utilities so at the moment I can’t do anything with it. Any suggestions would be gratefully received.

@grayglove
User Manual: My Cloud Home and My Cloud Home Duo (westerndigital.com)

Thank you. I reset the drive and seem to have got it back now. However I don’t know how to partition the drive and set one partition up to use as a Time Machine backup drive.

I don’t want to use the whole of the drive for Time Machine, I want to partition it into three drives and just use one for TM

Look at this from the Knowledge Base. How to set a Time Machine disk quota limit - My Cloud Home - Personal Cloud Storage / My Cloud Home Duo - WD Community For more info like this search the Knowledge Base.

That link is a few years old now…but according to what’s being posted its not possible to limit how much space Time Machine is allowed to use. Hence me wanting to partition the drive.