I dropped my passport essential 1tb

yesterday my passport fell and now its not being detected by my computer or any other computer i have tried so far.

the light is on, which means power is not an issue. although i feel the usb port on the WD has loosened.

and if i hear closely it makes a sound three times and then stop. its a buzzz followed by beep…

i am really worried it has all my lifes work… 

i am currently residing in INDIA. can someone please tell me how to recover my data…

(p.s. it has fallen once before but never not been detected)

HELP!!!

it happened to me as well just a few hours ago. i have my WD Passport 500GB in the free neoprene case and it slipped off and fell on the floor…

ive been researching extensively on what to do but with no luck.

i hope someone can enlighten us so that id know if i should just give up.

If the drives were running when they fell, you could have done some serious damage to the media.  This could make the data unrecoverable.  The best chance you have of getting your data back is through data recovery.  On our support page, under warranty, you will find a list of our data recovery partners in your region. 

Unfortunately, this is the very reason why you never commit your valuable data to just one drive.  For my most valuable data, I either copy it to multiple drives, or burn it to DVD’s.  In some cases, I do both.