I dont have acetrax movies or iplayer on latest firmware 1.12.14

richUK wrote:
Try to do the steps if possible and report back. At least you can say if they work or not from experience. I have just done a reset again (I have done many over the last few days) and the services for the UK are still missing.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I tried the steps yesterday evening without success. Have replied to WD support informing them that itā€™s still not working and still waiting to hear back.

Try to do the steps if possible and report back. At least you can say if they work or not from experience. I have just done a reset again (I have done many over the last few days) and the services for the UK are still missing.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

I was guilty of doing that for the first few days of having it, before i posted here :laughing:

7 times and i still expected a different result when i tried it the 8th!

schwurbel wrote:

richUK wrote:

It probably does seem like insanity to anybody who has no idea how the player operates. Let me explain. The player requests its location via a WD server and based on whatever that answer is shows or hides certain services. Thats why its only the UK that shows BBC iPlayer and why we in return donā€™t see USA services. Are you still following me. This location information between the player and server only takes place on initial startup or if you reset the player. My UK services went when I reset therefore it will probably take a reset to bring them back as its then that the information is exchanged. It should only really be necessary to do a reset location in the setup but with all things WD who knows if that will work so the total reset is more likely to work. Hopefully you are now more informed and can understand that its not insanity and eventually it should bring results.

By the way I know that you have become a troll who only posts to get a reaction but hopefully my explanation above will make you feed elsewhere. On the other hand perhaps you could be helpfull and come up with a solution but somehow I doubt it.

For the users affected by this, I have been in contact with WD recently and it appears that they may have found the problem. Hopefully this so called insanity may soon be over.

WD have responded this afternoon by saying that they can ā€˜confirm that this issue is currently under investigationā€™, so at least it sounds as though they definitely are aware of the problem and are active in solving it.

Fingers crossed we wonā€™t be waiting too much longer.

Thanks RichUK and Oyster for the update. Looks like we are finally getting somewhere with this issue.

OK WD have sorted out the problem. If you go to setup / system / set time & country / reset location and select yes, you should find all the UK services back. If you have any problems do a reset to factory defaults and report back here.

1 Like

Fantastic, it worked for me.

Thanks for letting us know.

excellent. something for me to look forward to, this evening :smiley:

iā€™ll try it later and update the thread .

Yep, all is working ok for me now too. Thanks everyone for your help!

Success! Thanks, richUK for your help in identifying the problem

Works for me now too.