I can't see the WD TV Live Hub internal hard drive - completely full capacity

I can’t see the WD TV Live Hub internal hard drive. I updated latest firmware, but I tried roll back older firmware. Still Internal drive does not show. WD Discovery application on my PC can not find WDTVLive Hub in the network, only works using my Web browser.

I think there are completely full capacity of internal memory.

I do not know what to do, if it is handed over to the service, I think I can lose data on the internal drive.
I can not open the player, so I have free space on internal drive.

Can anyone help me please?

1 Like

Does not show where?  

Does it show in the DISK MANAGER in the SETUP uptions?

Does it show in the Web UI status at the bottom of the screen?

When you boot it, does the WD Logo Blink and the top of the screen say “Compiling Media Library?”

When you CHANGE CONTENT SOURCE (via the Red Button) and select INTERNAL STORAGE, what happens?

Does it show in the DISK MANAGER in the SETUP uptions?

NO.

Does it show in the Web UI status at the bottom of the screen?

NO INTERNAL DRIVE, JUST EXTERNAL DRIVE.

When you boot it, does the WD Logo Blink and the top of the screen say “Compiling Media Library?”

NO

When you CHANGE CONTENT SOURCE (via the Red Button) and select INTERNAL STORAGE, what happens?

THERE IS NO MEDIA IN CURRENT FOLDER.

I have the same problem… Any solution for this problem?

Short of an RMA, I don’t think so…

There’s no hope even if I try a rollback? well that **bleep**… Just got the hub a few Weeks ago…

That issue has never been supect as part of a firmware update, but you can try it…

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

If you’ve only had it a few weeks, then just take it back and exchange it for a new one.

That’s the plan… Just wondered if there was a way to save/transfer all my files before having it replaced… Oh well, thanks for the quick feedback.

Have you tried resetting the hub using the bottom button or the internal menu. Its worth a try.

That’s what I’ve been doing… unfortunately, it made no difference…

I have discovered that when I remove the power from the WD Hub (and the HDMI cable is connected) and then I reconnect the power cable the Hub will always report Internal Drive Disconnected “UNTIL” I remove the HDMI cable (While the Hub power is still connected) and then reconnect it !!??  I did not have to reset or do anything else to make the internal drive show up again.  It seems to me that the power supplied from the HDMI without power supplied to the Hub sets the state of the Hub somehow to think it has no internal drive… Luckily in my case the state can be normalized by the procedure above.

Hope this helps others…

Same thing happened to me! Still waiting on an answer from WD Support. It has to be the firmware. I had no problems until I upgraded to this firmware.

+1

Same thing. It worked perfectly for 10 months, and then, after the latest firmware update, internal HDD died. :cry:

Same issue for me, after recent upgrade I can no longer see the Internal Hard Drive (in settings or anywhere), have gone back two firmware versions but still no difference. I have a lot of photos, videos etc (kids are going to be very annoyed).

I think we may have a bug with the latest firmware.

Therk wrote:

Same issue for me, after recent upgrade I can no longer see the Internal Hard Drive (in settings or anywhere), have gone back two firmware versions but still no difference. I have a lot of photos, videos etc (kids are going to be very annoyed).

I think we may have a bug with the latest firmware.

If rolling back doesn’t solve the issue, then it has nothing to do with the latest firmware.

Fair enough. Hmm then not sure, only thing I did different with this firmware upgrade was whilst it was upgrading I switched over to watch TV, so maybe the fact the HDMI cable wasn’t recieving power did something. 

Add me to the list. Latest firmware screwed up my harddrive!!!:angry: