I cant open *.mov files on my Samsung SMART TV by DLNA by TWONKY

I cant open *.mov files on my Samsung SMART TV by DLNA by TWONKY - “This file format is not supported yet”, but my TV can to read this files from USB hard drives, what can I do? I install another DLNA server on my computer - My TV can read this files. Problem with dlna server Twonky. Please help me!!! And   another broblem: On my computer, some time I cant open files *.mov on directories which named by Russian language! - writing attention message: Error -36 error of input/output.  Please! Please! I Bought it 4 days later!

There have been issues reported with Samsung TV’s and media servers

can you play other file types with no problem?

You can try converting the files to a working file extension

I have no problem for reading all type video format by my Tv. A have no broblem with reading this *.mov and others type files by another dlna server which i could installed to my computer and which opening by my Tv. Problem with Twonkey server wich installed in mybook live. I try to updating it to 7. Nothing. All mov created by my iphone and canon photo. Please help with. I cant belive that just I have this broblem.

twonky seems to have quite a few limitiations. I have stopped using it for a couple of years now (had it on  mybookworld) The first thing I did was to disable it and install miniDLNA. It works fine on my samsung B series TV and have seen it work even better on C series.

It’s a mix of things that have to do with the actual TV and dlna server.

You can try to convert MOV to MP4, i think you will can share it via DLNA.

MP4 is your best choice. Below link will show you how to convert movies to MP4.

http://www.tv-converter.com/guide/tv-video-format-best-video-format-for-tv-smart-tv-led-tv-lcd-tv/

Use AppGeeker to convert mov movie files and have a look at your Samsung SMART TV’s specs to see what types of video  formats it can play.

It’s a nice little program that can convert back and forth from most formats. i have used it quite a bit to render from mov to mp4 format.

I’ve used the program,  for some time without ‘damaging’ any file.