I can't access my passport with password

I have 1TB My Passport and it is password protected which I set my laptop as auto-unlocked . Supposely it will automatically unlock my hard disk but yesterday, when I plug in the drive, the usual unlock icon and the drive icon are not there. The only thing left is CD Drive (G:) icon which when I double-clicked, it said please insert a disk into it. How can I fix this? I have read a tons of post on this but none of them worked. I wish someone can really reply and help me because it is my backup drive and I kept a lot of things in there, up to almost 1TB. Please help me.

Hello,

I recommend you try some basic troubleshooting:

1- Disconnect the drive from the computer and restart the computer.

2- If the computer is a desktop, connect it on the back USB port (directly to the PC, not through a hub).

3- Make sure you hear the connection sound windows makes when recognizes a USB device.

4- Go to "Disk Management” to verify if the drive shows up there.

If the drive shows up in disk management but it is not seen on Computer, then it means the partition is corrupted and you will have to format it in order to use it again. Please note that formatting the drive will delete all data stored on it.