I cannot use My Passport Wireless on Mac wirelessly

Hi there,
I have been playing with my new Passport Wireless Pro, however I really struggle to use in on my mac wirelessly.
Connected via bluetooth or the app on iphone, there seem to be no problem at all. However when I want to access my storage on Mac, Huston we’ve got a problem!
I see the unit in “Finder - Location”, also it shows under “Finder - Locations - Network”. In the upper bar, it says immediately, No connection. When I click “Connect As…”, nothing happens.
When I try to upload some file, the message pops up: modifying it requires admins name and password. :confused:
I really have not found on the internet yet, what’s going on. Could you please help me, as I really cannot use the hard drive at all. :frowning:
Thanks for any info/help.

make a right click on your passport drive > go to Get info.

Change the all the permissions at the bottom to read &write.

• if not able able to make changes then click on the Golden Padlock and enter computer password then make the changes.
  • then try to transfer any file to the drive.

Hi Shawn.Patric,
Thanks for a prompt reply. Well, but I do not have such option. :confused:

on the desktop screen is it showing any icon for your drive???
Try there …

Or connect the drive using USB cable and then change the permissions and see if it works.

No it does not. I do not get anything on the desktop when connected via wifi.
When I connect it with USB, then yes. Everything works fine. I do get the icon on the desktop and can change permissions. Even though, everything was on read&write, I have unlocked it, and tried with changed permissions, too but it does not make any change.
When on wifi, it still acts the same. I can see it in “Locations” but cannot do anything. It says “connection failed”. When clicking on “connect as…”, nothing happens either. :frowning:

Try to do a 10 second reset on the drive using the power and WPS buttons: this reset won’t effect the data on the drive.(Do not use the dashboard reset method)
and after the reset set up the drive once again.

Thank you very much for your help. It seems to be working finally. :slight_smile:
Wishing you the best of luck!!!

1 Like