I cannot get the functions on my media player to work

I have the My Book World Edition II 2TB (White), and I have it connected via a LAN Cable to directly my Samsung LED TV (with built in Media Player). However I am unabled to get the functions (fast forward, rewind, etc…) of the media player to work. Samsung say everthing is operating normally.

If I connect he MBWE II 2TB to my laptop, then wirelessly to my Thomson WiFi Router, then via a LAN Cable to my Samsung TV, I then cannot access 80% of the movies stored on the MBWE II 2TB.

I have connected a different WD external hard drive via a USB, and everything works fine.

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I did, because it is not a Western Digital Media Player they refused to help me, and Samsung have said their TV Media Player is working to their speficacations.

ergjam wrote:

I have the My Book World Edition II 2TB (White), and I have it connected via a LAN Cable to directly my Samsung LED TV (with built in Media Player). However I am unabled to get the functions (fast forward, rewind, etc…) of the media player to work. Samsung say everthing is operating normally.

If I connect he MBWE II 2TB to my laptop, then wirelessly to my Thomson WiFi Router, then via a LAN Cable to my Samsung TV, I then cannot access 80% of the movies stored on the MBWE II 2TB.

I have connected a different WD external hard drive via a USB, and everything works fine.

I’m not sure if I’m understanding what you are saying, but the My Book World wasn’t designed to be connected directly to a device (your TV).  It’s needs to be connected to a router, as part of your network.  In order for the TV to see it, it also has to be connected to the router .  The router is what makes the devices capable of communicating with each other.  If your TV isn’t wireless capable, then it must be connected by an ethernet cable.  Also, having the My Book World drive connected to your laptop, isn’t going to work very well either.  Everything should run through your router.  If your router doesn’t have enough ports, then you will need to buy a four port switch.

Sorry my bad.

My, My Book World Edition II 2TB (White) is connected to my Thomson Router/Modem, then, connected to my Samsung LED TV both via a LAN Cables.

This Thomson Router/Modem is also connected by WiFi (ADSL 2+) to my ASUS Laptop.

Basically, I want to download off the internet, then transfer the file to my MBWE II 2TB so I am able to watch what I have downloaded on my Samsung TV. Without having to move, or have my laptop tied to the network with any cables as I am in a wheelchair.

I used to transfer the same files onto a WD external hard 500GB via an USB Cable, then get out of my lounge chair, into my wheelchair, remove the external hard drive from my laptop, wheel over to my TV and plug the external hard drive to my TV, wheel myself back to my lounge chair, transfer back, then watch the file, then get out of my lounge chair, transfer back into my wheelchair, wheel over to the TV, unplug the external hard drive, wheel back to the computer, plug the erxternal hard drive, erase the file, download another file, and do it all over again. I am just getting too tired to do this over and over again.

These functions work while I was using the USB Cable, but not the LAN Cable.