I am still with FM 1.0, should I upgrade to the latest FM? Please advise

I have purchased it from newegg last week and it comes with the FM 1.0, I have read a lot of people with mkv/h264 playback, and network sharing problem after the FM uprade… 

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/updates/?family=wdfwdtv_live

This is my setup.

WD TV Live connect to Airport extreme base station with a WD My Book World edition II 2TB.

So far, everything work perfectly, I can play pretty much all my movies.

What I really concern is, I have read YouTube HD is gone since the FM that released back in Dec, is that true?

And is there a YouTube subscriptions option in any new FM?

Please advise.

If you are happy with the way your box is working with all your content, why do you want to upgrade the firmware?

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.  ;)

It doesn’t seem like YouTube HD will be returning to the WD TV because of licensing issues (no ads on set top boxes means YouTube are losing bandwidth for no return).  

Also, the latest firmware respects the YT syndication opt-out flag, so quite a few interesting videos no longer play (you get a message stating that the video won’t play on a TV enabled device).

You’re best off holding out until a new firmware introduces killer features or fixes that would offset the loss of YouTube HD.

For people not as concerned about YouTube HD, the latest firmware (1.01.24) is fairly decent and finally fixes the YouTube account / reboot issue.  

The next firmware has multiple nice additions but, again, probably not enough to offset the loss of HD for you.

Thanks for the advise.

“If you are happy with the way your box is working with all your content, why do you want to upgrade the firmware?”

Because I would like to have the Youtube subscription option, using the onscreen keyboard is such a pain… but I don’t wanna lose the Youtube HD.

"It doesn’t seem like YouTube HD will be returning to the WD TV because of licensing issues (no ads on set top boxes means YouTube are losing bandwidth for no return). "

I better stay with 1.00 then, thanks again for confirming the Youtube HD.