I am out of here

Apparently WD had a big problem with me trying to sell my 3TB My Cloud. Enjoy all of your problems, seems kind of useless to have a slow back up device, with uncertain connectivity when it bugs out and need a reboot. How can you reboot it if you are away from your local network.

My Cloud is nothing more then a dream, Pull your heads out of the cloud. :robotlol:

It is back to free dropbox for me. :robotvery-happy:

I have it on ebay. This is not an ad, just a comment. It is a nice one, 3tb.

rdonnelly wrote:

Apparently WD had a big problem with me trying to sell my 3TB My Cloud. Enjoy all of your problems, seems kind of useless to have a slow back up device, with uncertain connectivity when it bugs out and need a reboot. How can you reboot it if you are away from your local network.

My Cloud is nothing more then a dream, Pull your heads out of the cloud. :robotlol:

It is back to free dropbox for me. :robotvery-happy:

Easy way:

Enable SSH before leaving your MyCLoud location  or enable ir via VPN/openvpn from WAN.

Connect to your public ip/DDNS (if you have/need) port 22 (port forward on router may be needed)  via putty (or similar on windows) same for android (plenty apps) from mac use Terminal from IOS look for free appps.

Login with your user and pass for root user if not changed they are “root” and "welc0me without quotes and press enter/accept/apply…

Type “reboot” without quotes and press enter/accept/apply…

Done.

2 Likes

The ssh reboot is nice to know, but how can I address the slowness, and buginess?

Dude, there are a few problems with WD My Cloud, but the slowness is not one of them, if you have proper hardver and setup you can read/write up to 60MB/s, the avarage for me was 45MB/s when I copied 500GB 1kb->40gb files (30k files).