I’m almost able to access files on my XP PC from TVLive, but I’m hung up on the last step. I can see the computer name under Videos. It asks for a user/pass, but won’t accept the one I set up under User Accounts. Error: Unable to connect to the selected source. Make sure the selected source is active and available for file sharing.
To add insult to injury, it took me 2 minutes to set up VLC Streamer, which allows access to my PC through the network from my iPad. It works flawlessly.
I have Windows XP, a wireless network, and WDTVLIVE.
Network Setup Wizard:
- Choose “Computer connects to Internet through gateway or another computer”. (It connects to a router, then the modem to the Internet.)
- Def workgroup name is: MSHOME
- Turn on file and printer sharing
- Created a new account with complete access (I’ll change it once it’s working) called WDTVLIVE
- Gave it a password
- made a shared sub-folder on C.
- I got the following message, which makes me think things are good: “Windows Firewall is configured to allow this folder to be shared with other computers on the network.”
- Check connection is good.
- Changed default workgroup to MSHOME
- I can access Netflix.
Thanks for any suggestions.