Hulu stats has changed to "UPCOMING" for the Hub

Has anyone heard any updates on this? Could this be in the next firmware release? Or does this mean that we’ll have to wait for another 6 months? :cry:

Well, since WD doesn’t pre-announouce firmware releases, it could be 6 weeks or 6 yrs.

Your guess is probably as good as anyone elses.

I’m guessing it’ll be in the next firmware.

Based on nothing other than irrational optimism.  :)

Hmm Yet another US only web service, when will they add something that people from other parts of the world will be able to enjoy!

PixelPower wrote:

I’m guessing it’ll be in the next firmware.

Based on nothing other than irrational optimism.  :)

I think irrational optimism would be to expect the regular HULU to be offered rather than HULU Plus. 

what exactly is the difference between hulu and hulu plus/

Pulazki wrote:

what exactly is the difference between hulu and hulu plus/

“Regular” Hulu is the free, ad-supported stream you get on their website.  You’re only supposed to be able to watch it on a computer (desktop PC or laptop).

Hulu Plus is the $8/month service they offer for a growing range of set-top and mobile devices.  You can view in HD.

I believe it streams without ads but I’ve never used it (since all my media players are WD and none of them have Hulu Plus).  :)

As, PP said, but you  can get the regular HULU on the HUB or other WDTV if you use Playon Media Server.

PixelPower wrote:

Hulu Plus is the $8/month service they offer for a growing range of set-top and mobile devices.  You can view in HD.

I believe it streams without ads but I’ve never used it (since all my media players are WD and none of them have Hulu Plus).  :)

Nope…  Hulu+ still has most (if not all) the ads.   

What you get with Hulu+  is access to MUCH more content, like an entire SERIES of TV shows instead of just the most recent 5 or 6, as well as offerings that aren’t available to Hulu (non plus) at all.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

PixelPower wrote:

Nope…  Hulu+ still has most (if not all) the ads.   

What you get with Hulu+  is access to MUCH more content, like an entire SERIES of TV shows instead of just the most recent 5 or 6, as well as offerings that aren’t available to Hulu (non plus) at all.

• *Wow… So you pay $8 a month and STILL have to watch the ads? I think I’ll stick with Netflix…

There are many shows that are available on Hulu, but not Hulu Plus, such as Being Human and Days of our Lives. Common misconception. Don’t get tricked by this, thinking that Hulu Plus is Hulu plus more.