Hulu not wokring on wd tv live (I'm new)

I just got playon and hulu plus and cannot seemt to get the two to work propoerly. I go to media servers and see playonh, but when I click on it, I get nothig but an error message. is there something I need to do to get this to work?

I have hulu setup in Playon and it says my login inforation is correct.

thanks

I am on Windows 7 by the way

Is Windows firewall turned on? I think Playon uses port 57331, but there is a guide at Playon’s site:

http://www.playon.tv/faq

In your security software configuration settings, you must give full local and online network access to the PlayOn server executable. On normal installations, this can be found at C:Program FilesMediaMallMediaMallServer.exe. In our development labs, we use AVG and Windows Firewall. These consistently work fine for us, so we can highly recommend them, also because they don’t degrade PC performance as much as many other third-party security packages. If you’re having trouble configuring your security software to work with PlayOn, consult the forum. You may also want to take a look at Microsoft’s guide for setting up firewalls with Media Center Extenders, as it’s quite applicable to what’s needed for PlayOn as well.

I use Playon with my Live Plus’ with no problem. I am guessing your firewall is turned on.

Thanks. I will try when I get home from work but I don’t think I have windows firewall turned on. I will confirm tonight.

If it helps, the error is:

“THERE IS NO MEDIA IN THE CURRENT FOLDER”

My current WD firnmware is 1.04.31_V

I got it working by updating the firmware. I guess the one I had was notorious for not working with playon, thanks for your help.

Then your firmware wasn’t 1.04.31_V, was it.  ;)

Another think I have noticed with PlayOn, is if the PC’s Flash version is updated, it may not work.  In that case, PlayOn usually has a new version avaliable that once uipdated, resolves the issues.