Huge disappointment

Hey Moz,

Thank you for your opinion. I have a My Cloud Mirror too (8TB 2 Gen), but I am tired of trying to figure out how to make this device perform better. When I enable cloud access and DLNA media server, the device gets unusable, the dashboard, transferring files, streaming videos or do time machine backups gets very very slow. I created a thread about that, seems like many people have the same problem as mine. I was using the device with cloud access disabled all the time to get usable performances.

So, I was really interested in replacing my device with this new MyCloud Home Duo, because I read that the My Cloud Home Duo has a quad core processor and 1 GB of RAM (mine has dual core and 512MB) and has a simpler and lighter user interface, so it should perform better. The problems you related don’t seem big problems to me. I am interested more in the performance. . Can you tell me a little more about it? Does it work smoothly with cloud access and Plex media server enabled? The mobile and desktop apps seems better than the old My Cloud Mirror too.