Until today I used a My Cloud Mirror (Gen1) and as I like to test the latest technologies I offered myself a My Cloud Home Duo thinking it was his replacement but serious mistake!
I want to share my experience by hoping that some read this message before buying.
What a desappointment ! I should have kept the packaging to return this product that does not meet my needs at all. I had a Cloud Mirror Gen1 that suited me very well. Here is what I reproach:
- Require to install the software to access its data from a computer / Understand that accessing its disk from a real share is much more convenient / native
Example: Every month I used to scan my pay slip from my printer who had the ability to store the PDF directly on my disk. Now this is no longer possible with this “new” architecture of My Cloud Home
- The application that starts at startup can not be discrete. We are obliged to close it every time the computer is started (Mac OS)
- Can not hide the “My Cloud” desktop icon (Mac OS)
- Why it is not possible to configure where to store offline files
- Why restrict the possibility of inviting a person to the mobile application?
In short, what is the value of this new product line? I understood after my purchase that it is not a substitute of the classic range but yet the highlight on the site and the redesign of the site mycloud.com made think that YES. I am really disappointed.