Hub is driving me insane!

I have connected a 2tb elements drive, and instead of having all the movies from the hub and all the movies from the ext drive in one place, i have to choose either wdtvlivehub folder or the usb2 folder :S i just want all my movies in one place! i have tried creating a folder names movies on the ext drive, dropped a movie in there and the only way i can get to it is by clicking through about 4 folders, there must be some way to make it work?

however, i just found that if i change the sorting to ‘all’ instead of by ‘folder’ the content from both drives is amalgamated, this is no good though as i have tv shows that obviously need to be in folders :frowning: please help

Those are the only two ways of doing it…

so my only options are to have it all as one huge mess, or have folders enabled and have to navigate to the Videos/USB2/Elements/Movies ? thats a whole lot of clicks :S plus i imagine itl be a hassle looking for a movie with there being 2 different lots on each of the drives

That’s what the SEARCH function is for.  :)

mate i have been searching, through 14 pages thus far! and cant seem to find an answer, closest one was told to put it in the suggestions part lol so theres no way around this at all?

No, I meant HUB search.

You can SEARCH for movie names on the Hub using the SEARCH button on the remote.

Then you don’t have to care where the file is; it’ll find it.

ahhh thats a bonus i suppose, thought of that but wasnt sure if it would work, thanks for help anyway bud hopefully a better solution will be implemented in a future firmware :slight_smile:

kdub87 wrote:

mate i have been searching, through 14 pages thus far! and cant seem to find an answer, closest one was told to put it in the suggestions part lol so theres no way around this at all?

LOL… He meant searching on the device :slight_smile:

The device will default to the last location you looked at, so if you were on the elements drive all you would need to do is select videos/elements/movies/ (assuming “elements” is a folder) or videos/movies/ (assuming you were just talking about the drive name). - Yeah its a bit of a pain but changing it would make things more complex for those who have large libraries on multiple devices…

For example I have 2 USB drives, the internal drive, 3 NAS (a My Book World (WL), a ShareSpace, and a My Book Live) drives and 2 computers each with 4 shared internal drives. The way you want the information sorted would make it more difficult for me to find anything!

well maybe they should implement it as an option? Hate having my movies in 2 different places lol ah well spose il have to just like it or lump it