Hub dead after firmware upgrade

Just got my new Hub and it required a firmware upgrade. Once the up grade completed it cycled power then it never came back to life. After reading posts tried pulling power supply but still not working???

What symptoms? No lights? No screen display at all? At what point did it die, the first or second reboot?

I took it back and have not updated the firm ware of this one. What I think is going on is it does not like by componet video switch. My old Mitsubishi 65 inch has only one input rated at 1080i so i have a switch. when i bypassed it started working. not sure what to do should i upgraded the firmware or run it as is for a few days, also what about my switch???

I doubt you have a problem.

If your previous WDTVLIVEHUB produced a signal that made it through your switch to your TV then your new one will. A firmware upgrade is NOT going to affect the strength or format of your video signal.

Go ahead and upgrade the firmware. I’m not sure what happened exactly but if you hook up your WD HUB directly and it works but won’t work through the switch then the switch is the problem.

I guess you don’t have HDMI.

I don’t know if your switch is powered or non-powered. I have an HDMI non-powered switch because I heard the powered ones can fail. I simply press a button to switch from my WD to my DVD player. I got it at Monoprice.

purchased this yesterday. Plugged into power and connected to TV using component (tv does not have hdmi) and to receiver using optical. 
Hub main menu came up ok. Then connected to apple router using ethernet cable. “Check for firmware updates” was highlighted on main menu so clicked on ok. Firmware started downloading and appeared to complete ok, however main menu disappeared and has not come back. Have tried un-plugging/re-plugging power and also re-setting using the switch on bottom of hub but in both cases the “wd tv hub live” icon comes up for a couple of seconds, then the WD light on front of unit starts flashing, then “loading mochi” comes up on tv, but then screen goes blank. (note: WD light on front of unit stays on)

Try hooking it up via Composite…  It would appear the COMPONENT settings aren’t compatible with your TV, and you’ll have to manually change them.

thanks, that worked :slight_smile:

seems like after the firmware upgrade it defaulted to composite.  after connecting with composite cable managed to change the vide output to component.

thanks, again.

Dear Friends, 

I have the same issue, i changed from HDMI to Composite also still  i get the message Loading Mochi and then the Hub Shuts off

Any other suggestions

Please help. 

Thanks

Ak

I have the similar issue as Nick had mentioned - one difference is the Hub Light swithces Off after teh screen has gone blank

Plugged into power and connected to TV usingHDMI and was able to view the Menu. 
 Then connected to router using ethernet cable. “Check for firmware updates” was highlighted on main menu so clicked on ok. Firmware started downloading and appeared to complete ok, however main menu disappeared and has not come back.

Have tried un-plugging/re-plugging power and also re-setting using the switch on bottom of hub but in both cases the “wd tv hub live” icon comes up for a couple of seconds, then the WD light on front of unit starts flashing, then “loading mochi” comes up on tv, but then screen goes blank and WD light on front switches off.

Can you please help 

Thansk

Ak

i’m facing the same issue after the update on 31/12, the unit will not boot beyond loading mochi. after displaying the text “loading mochi” the hub shuts off after WD light blinks a few times.

help needed

I am also facing the same problem.

I got my WD TV Live Hub in BEST BUY in NJ.  After being able to operate it a couple of days, I decided to bring it back to Manila with me.

The problem happened recently when it randomly shuts off (not RESTART, complete SHUT OFF).  Whenever I try to restart it, it never gets past the ‘Loading Mochi’ message then shuts off again.

I was suspecting a faulty firmware, so I waited a day and restarted the unit.  Re-applied the previous firmware, but after about 30 mins. the problem occurs.

It must be a HEAT issue, the fan seems to be working. 

Any help would be appreciated

I’m having the same problem with the hub shutting down during the “loading mochi” screen and Iike RenMart, I’m also in Manila and my hub was bought in the U.S. so I can’t get a replacement. My hub is working fine for a couple of weeks and few days after installing the latest firmware 2.03.24 that when the problem starts. Hopefully there will be a solution to this problem without replacing the unit.

Have the same problem, updated the firmware about 3 days ago, copied a bunch of stuff to the drive, and now it just shuts down at the 'Loading Mochi" screen.

Unit is 5 days old…

PN: WDBACA0010BBK-00

DCM: BBAEAA

Can you please help us in the above mentioned issue, I dont know how to  downgrade the firmware since it does  not get into the Menu screen. After loading Mochi, the screen shuts off.

I had set the Color system as PAL during setup, will that cause the issue after teh upgrade.

Those who had no problem with the new firmware. Can you post your

PN & DCM

firetix wrote:

PN & DCM

Seems ok
p/n WDBABZ0010BBK-00
dcm BAAEAAA

bitfiddler wrote:

firetix wrote:

PN & DCM

Seems ok
p/n WDBABZ0010BBK-00
dcm BAAEAAA

This is the Americas model

perhaps there’s a problem with the EMEA & Uk model with 

PN: WDBACA0010BBK-00

I have the same p/n and dcm as bitfiddler which are:

p/n WDBABZ0010BBK-00
dcm BAAEAAA

but I’m having the problem

Good News! I solved this problem. Check out this post for details:

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Hub/Help-Hub-powers-up-WD-light-flashes-then-powers-itself-off/td-p/104158/page/7

Please note that if your new WD TV Live Hub is not working and you suspect that it’s a power issue such as b0y0ng99’s linked post suggests, it is a far better idea to exchange the unit at the store rather than opening the unit and voiding your warranty.

Guy_K is planning to post updates on that particularly problem, so you might want to subscribe to the other thread if you would like updates.