Hub can't see shares

Hi,

Recently i bought the Live Hub, and connected it with a Linksys WUSB600N USB wireless adapter. I can connect from my pc directly as a network drive to the Live Hub, but not reversed. I shared three different mapsm, but it keeps saying no storage present.

I’m using Windows7 64-bit and the Live Hub has the latest firmware.

Can anybody help me? I googled many sites but it wouldn’t help.

The hub comes with a default workgroup and if your home network has a different workgroup name, you just need to change the hub to match. I had the same problem and it worked right away.

I also did that and they match.

Did the whole check thingy with the cmd screen and everything comes out right.

There are several things that you can try.

First, try temporarily disabling your firewall & antivirus on your PC then see if you can see your shares.

Second, remove Windows Live sign in if you have it installed.

Third, you can try editing the registry:

Click Start and type Regedit in the search and click Regedit.exe

Navigate to the following location in the registry editor.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa</font>

1. On the right side Double Click on everyoneincludesanonymous and in the window that pops up, change the value data from a 0 value to a 1
2. Double Click on NoLmHash and in the window that pops up, change the Value Data from a 1 value to a 0
3. Now navigate to the following location in the registry editor

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanManServer\Parameters

Double Click on restrictnullsessaccess and change the 1 value to a 0

Reboot your pc and you should now be able to connect to your pc

Once you do this, turn off your password protection on your PC & see if you can login as anonymous.  If you can, then you can turn on password protection to see if you can still login in with your user name & password.

I understand the regedit part. And successfully edited that. What i don’t get is how i get to login as anonymous. Is that like a guest account? Or do you mean my own W7 account without using a password?

I used the hub for 6 weeks synchronizing shares from a Vista laptop on the same subnet, specifically a 2TB WD drive.  Then all of a sudden it was not there any longer after rebooting that laptop.     Tech support at WD could not figure it out and a ticket is still open.  After the call I continued to work on it and came up with a work-around.  I modified my network connection and made the gateway the same ip address as the Vista laptop.  Bingo!   Then I changed it back and it continued to work.   I think I will need to repeat this if I reboot my laptop again.   I cannot recall if it got a new ip address after the reboot.