HUB cannot see any media servers on network

@KAD79 :You can set the ports for PlayOn, and keep them static, but that part is really for the incoming stream through the router’s firewall. One the internal network, media servers should announce themselves when requests come out and then the client can attach.

I have it setup with a static IP on that machine, and then use ine specific port for the WAN based traffic. I use a rule on the router for portforwarding so the replies always get back to the PlayOn host server.

All that said, the PlayOn server end works fine. I get thousands of channels / on demand video with the it, and then can access it on my local network from everything but the HUB. I use the service on my Nexus Pad, Iphone, LivePlus, Roku and XBMC, as well as I can use it through a browser on all of the computers in the house. I am guessing that this is not a PlayOn issue at all. Since my HUB cannot see any media servers, there is something preventing that. If I take PlayOn out of the picture, the Roku and LivePlus can still access the Windows 7 machines over DLNA as media servers while the HUB does not see any media servers on the local network.

I think I made this confusing by adding the PlayOn part. The real issue is that my HUB does not see any DLNA servers. I assume once it can see the Win7 Media Servers, PlayOn won’t be an issue either.

And you are on the money about wireshark. That is the intended tool for this task if it get to that. I have refered to TonyPh12345’s post on how to use Wireshark to many time to count. It’s one of the best reference tools archived on this site and has helped me a number of times.

Here’s a link to Tony’s post for anyone who needs or just wants to do a bit of network sniffing

How to run WIRESHARK

-P