HTTP Linking to shared files Question

Not sure - Am I doing something wrong here?  I recently purchased a 4TB ShareSpace for our team to access.  Below is the current version after I updated it.

Version 2.3.01 with MioNet 4.3.1.12
built on Thu, 01 Sep 2011 18:29:59

I am trying to figure out how to link to files that are on the share using HTTP protocol.  The management interface is set to use HTTPS and I have access to that.  I have the HTTP and HTTPS using the default port #'s and HTTP is active for the shares I am trying to access.  I do not allow annonymous access.  No prompt for username and password.

Based on the help file (quoted below), I should be able to link as follows:

http : // {IP or Hostname} / {sharename} / {filename}

I have had the same issues trying to link these files using the FTP protocol (same as above).  I have no issues using the FTP protocol, logging in and listing out the shares.  I just cannot do a direct link.  I do actually get prompted for a username and password - but it fails to deliver the file(s).  Error message “500 OOPS: child died”

According to the help file, I should be able to do this …

Select file sharing service (protocol). The device supports the following file sharing services (protocols):

• HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol) Access - Allows access to share files via the HTTP protocol. Access control rights for the HTTP protocol are the same as the CIFS protocol for each share folder. The HTTP protocol is a platform-independent file sharing protocol, so the user can use any Web browser program to access shares.

I was looking at the ShareSpace user manual and was not able to find this information. Are referring to a different help file? How are you trying to access the files, locally or remotely?